Downton Abbey's Michelle Dockery has revealed that she felt like Kate Middleton during her on-screen wedding.
The design of the wedding dress of her character Lady Mary was kept secret.
Michelle told the Daily Mirror: "I felt a bit like Kate Middleton with all the security, but we didn't want people seeing the dress before the day.
"I'd never worn a wedding dress - I've never filmed an on-screen wedding before. I loved it."
She added: "It's a truly stunning dress and I'm sure people will make some comparisons with the royal wedding.
"As we arrived at the church and stepped out of the carriage the crowds were just amazing, with all these supporting artists cheering us on."
The details of the wedding were so secret that Michelle did not even tell her mother.
She said: "My mum doesn't know we get married this time.
"We have to keep storylines from friends and family, and that is hard sometimes. But also I don't want to spoil it for them because they watch it as fans."
However, Dan Stevens who plays Matthew said that after the couple got engaged in the Christmas special, it was time for the wedding.
He said: "It was on the cards, wasn't it?
"I think we'd have been hard pushed to stretch out the will-they-won't they storyline much longer. But there's still some thrills and spills, it's not all plain sailing."
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
More About Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey Christmas special photo preview
- Downton Abbey’s costume designer reveals her style secrets
- Downton Abbey to return for fifth series next year
- Downton Abbey’s Rob James-Collier says 'its easier' playing gay character
- Michelle Dockery loves the fact Lady Mary has a sting in her tail
- Downton Abbey: the divide of upstairs versus downstairs
- Downton Abbey stars talk Ivy and Jimmy 'love square' and couple's future