Downton Abbey fans will be counting down the days until the hit period drama returns this September - but we’ve got a little sneak peek to tickle your taste buds until that time comes.
Newly released official photos from the period drama show the aristocratic family, compete with one very important new member; Martha Levinson, played by Oscar winner Shirley MacLaine, who takes on the role as Lady Grantham’s mother.
Martha is set to stir things up at Downton as her character makes her presence known and sparks fly. We can't wait to see how she stirs things up...
Downton Abbey series three, which is set in the early 1920s, will also see more issues arise between the newly engaged Mary and Matthew, with Mary accusing her partner of being disloyal to the family
The Crawley clan will have to deal with being thrust into the middle of a financial crisis, with head of the household Robert (Hugh Bonneville) being forced to tell his wife Cora about a disastrous investment.
And the story surrounding John Bates’s conviction for murdering his wife will continue, as he and new wife Anna struggle to lead normal lives.
Tension also seem rife between other members of the family, in the much anticipated third series of Downton.
The first two series proved to be a huge TV hit, with audiences lapping storylines that included the Crawleys dealing with the struggles of war, as well the after effects of the Spanish flu pandemic of 1919.
The drama was recently nominated for a mammoth 16 Emmy Awards.
Downton Abbey series three will return to STV and ITV in September this year.
- Shirley MacLaine joins Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey nominated for a massive 16 Emmy Awards
- More on Downton Abbey
More About Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey Christmas special: stars tease a ‘really exciting’ episode
- Downton Abbey’s Joanne Froggatt receives letters from rape victims
- Downton's Laura Carmichael says Edith is determined to keep Marigold
- Downton Abbey creator says Sue Johnston plays a strong character
- Downton Abbey episode seven: Edith’s secret in danger after shock departure
- Downton's Michelle Dockery says Lady Mary makes mistakes
- Downton Abbey’s Richard E Grant thought he would be a servant