Robert Pattinson has admitted that he found it strange to play a father in Twilight: Breaking Dawn - Part 2.
His character Edward Cullen and wife Bella Swan (Kristen Stewart) become parent to a half-vampire, half-human child.
Discussing the change in Edward, Pattinson told MTV News: "For Edward, he kind of just started to relax in [Breaking Dawn - Part 1], and also, he's a father.
"I have an 11-year-old kid in this. It's completely different; he's like an adult.
"It's really strange, and it's kind of hitting me at this period [in my life] when I'm thinking, 'Oh, I'm not a kid anymore,' when I'm playing it, so it's a strange experience, suddenly making that transition to playing fathers of 11-year-olds.
"I've been playing a 17-year-old for five years."
The 26-year-old admitted that he found it hard to adjust to all the attention his role in Twilight brought.
Pattinson said that he was helped by his co-stars in the films.
He said: "I was incredibly insecure at the beginning. I had never done an American movie before, and everyone was more experienced than me pretty much - even the people who hadn't done anything seemed more experienced than me - so, yeah, it felt very foreign to everyone, but it's changed as it's gone on.
"These are the people I've known for the longest in LA."
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
More About Twilight
- Robert Pattinson looks a Brit sad as he heads back to Kristen Stewart
- It's over (again) as Robert Pattinson dumps Twilight lover Kristen Stewart
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 shock as it tops nominations for worst film
- Robert Pattinson and Kirsten Stewart split for Christmas
- Kristen Stewart shows her racy side as she flashes photographers
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's frosty end to Twilight tour
- Robert Pattinson reveals how little he knows about Twilight
People who read this story also read
- Full trailer for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 revealed
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart play happy families at Comic-Con
- Robert Pattinson has close shave with Twilight producers
- Robert Pattinson admits he almost went into hiding after Twilight
- Anne Hathaway loved exploring Catwoman's characteristics