With the summer now upon us, a trip to the beach is a must, with a lot of lounging around by the pool, but it can be difficult to find the perfect swimwear to suit your body shape.
Fashion stylist Julie Hannah had five top tips to help you make the most of your assets and leave you feeling confident when hitting the sunloungers.
- 1. A high cut leg will make your legs appear longer and slimmer.
- 2. Frills or ruffles and padded cups on your top half will help to balance out pear shapes.
- 3. Bra size bikinis are a must for bigger busts, giving lift and support to flatter your figure.
- 4. If you’re worried about love handles or muffin tops look for tie side bikini bottoms. They are adjustable so won’t dig into your hips.
- 5. To disguise the tummy area, look out for ruching and patterns, which will hide lumps and bumps.
GET THE LOOK
- *Drape ring swimsuit (green), Jasper Conran @ Debenhams, was £42 now £29.40*
- *Snake drape front swimsuit, Beach by Melissa Odbash @ Debenhams, £42
- *Blue frill halter bikini top, £14, and blue bottoms, £12, Debenhams
- *Purple ‘draped front’ bikini top, £26, and purple bottoms, £16, Debenhams
- *Peacock triangle bikini top, was £18 now £13.50*, and peacock tie-side bikini bottoms, was £14 now £10.50*, Butterfly by Matthew Williamson @ Debenhams
Prices accurate as of June 29 ,2012.
For more top tips and summer essentials, visit stv.tv/getthelook.