The Coronation Street cast are used to filming in all kinds of weather, but the recent wet, wintry weather has caused chaos on the set of the popular Weatherfield soap.
Torrential rain has wreaked havoc with filming schedules, with the cast and crew struggling to get some of their key scenes shot.
Outdoor filming of summery scenes had to be stopped because of the downpours, while filming schedules have been over-running due to the long breaks between filming.
Michelle Keegan, who plays barmaid Tina Mcintyre in the soap, was filming in the rain yesterday and tweeted: “Just filmed the 1st scene on the street n it’s taken 2 hours because of the rain!!
“I think I’m in for a loooooooong day! [sic]"
There are usually five episodes of the soap produced a week, with one crew filming in the studio and another outside on the cobbles.
If the wet weather continues it looks like Michelle and the rest of the cast could be in for a long month!
MORE SOAPY GOODNESS
- Michelle Keegan explains calling off Max George angagement
- Catch up with Corrie on the STV Player
- Take a sneak peek at the latest preview videos
People who read this story also read
- Lorraine Kelly is tearful as she accepts OBE from the Queen
- Coronation Street's Shobna Gulati discusses twitter abuse
- Coronation Street’s Kym Marsh calls police over fake Facebook page
- The Wanted come to the rescue of sick fan at Glasgow Airport
- Pregnant singer Adele tipped to give birth in two months