Coronation Street star Michelle Keegan has spoken about her relationship with Max George.
Keegan and The Wanted singer called off their engagement in April this year.
However, the actress insists that they never argued over the issue but it was taken for practical reasons.
She told Fabulous: "We're not engaged any more, but not because we fell out or there was an argument.
"It was just there was no chance of us getting married any time soon because of our schedules.
"He's away in America most of the time now and we just had a word about it."
She added: "I'm a traditionalist so if I'm engaged, I want to get married and that's not happening soon.
"I was getting asked by everyone: 'Have you set a date? Have you been shopping with your mum? Have you chosen your dress?'
"So we just thought that we'd just say we're not engaged and then nobody will ask and there's no pressure."
The couple began dating in December 2010 and originally got engaged in June 2011.
Since they decided to end their engagement George has insisted that they still plan to get married at some point.
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
People who read this story also read
- Michelle Collins admits she considered quitting Coronation Street
- Coronation Street's Cherylee Houston thinks she sounds like Izzy
- Coronation Street's star Sue Nicholls meets viewer who saved her life
- Lorraine Kelly is tearful as she accepts OBE from the Queen
- The Wanted’s Max George reveals Michelle Keegan crush on J-Lo