Coronation Street star Cherylee Houston has revealed that she is starting to speak with a Mancunian accent in real life.
The Lancashire-born actress confessed that working on the Weatherfield soap has started to alter her speech.
However, she did point out the differences between herself and her alter-ego Izzy Armstrong.
Houston told Inside Soap: "Bits of me are like Izzy. I seem to be adopting Izzy's accent more and more - dropping my t's and h's!"
Discussing the differences in their character, she added: "I'm a bit more diplomatic than she is, and I don't fly off the handle as fast.
"She can be quite dogmatic when she gets something between her teeth - she's always ready to bark!"
On representing disabled people on the show, Houston added: "I think we get judged so much on people's opinions, which means that we're often misrepresented.
"I'm just showing that we're regular people. Every job you take, you have to get into battle."
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
People who read this story also read
- Coronation Street’s Kym Marsh calls police over fake Facebook page
- Coronation Street newcomer Sol Heras reveals all about his dream job
- Coronation Street: Brooke Vincent wants to chill
- Michelle Collins admits she considered quitting Coronation Street
- Coronation Street's Shobna Gulati discusses twitter abuse