One Direction Zayn Malik has revealed that he likes to stay friends with his ex-girlfriends.
The teen heartthrob, who is currently dating Little Mix singer Perrie Edwards, told a celebrity magazine that he does not like to "ruin" the friendships with his former lovers.
He told OK magazine that he prefers to let girls down gently.
Zayn is quoted as saying: "You've got to be careful so you don't come across as arrogant.
"Say `you don't want to ruin the friendship' or whatever."
He added: "There's no point in leading someone on."
Zayn recently hit the headlines when bandmate Harry Styles revealed that he is his man crush.
The One Direction singer told a radio station in Atlanta that he thinks that his bandmate is "pretty".
Harry told DJ Bert Weiss that he thinks that Malik is the most attractive member of the boy band.
Styles joked: "I think if I was a girl I'd probably have a crush on Zayn.
"He's just pretty. Just look at him. His cheekbones..."
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
More About One Direction
- Russell Grant believes Harry Styles will embark on solo projects
- Nicholas McDonald thrilled to have One Direction star Niall Horan’s support
- Little Mix perform These Four Walls and talk about their love lives
- X Factor: Kingsland Road determined to follow in One Direction’s footsteps
- Zayn Malik praises Little Mix’s 'sick' Move ahead of X Factor performance
- One Direction continue global domination with – wait for it – 1D Day
- Oh bhoy! Louis Tomlinson set for face-to-face apology from Agbonlahor
People who read this story also read
- One Direction's Niall Horan 'struggles' to cope with fans
- Little Mix's Perrie Edwards tries to be `understanding' and `unselfish' with Zayn Malik
- Zayn Malik flies home to be with Perrie Edwards
- Zayn Malik needs Perrie Edwards to nurse his latest injury
- Full trailer for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 revealed