One Direction Zayn Malik has revealed that he likes to stay friends with his ex-girlfriends.
The teen heartthrob, who is currently dating Little Mix singer Perrie Edwards, told a celebrity magazine that he does not like to "ruin" the friendships with his former lovers.
He told OK magazine that he prefers to let girls down gently.
Zayn is quoted as saying: "You've got to be careful so you don't come across as arrogant.
"Say `you don't want to ruin the friendship' or whatever."
He added: "There's no point in leading someone on."
Zayn recently hit the headlines when bandmate Harry Styles revealed that he is his man crush.
The One Direction singer told a radio station in Atlanta that he thinks that his bandmate is "pretty".
Harry told DJ Bert Weiss that he thinks that Malik is the most attractive member of the boy band.
Styles joked: "I think if I was a girl I'd probably have a crush on Zayn.
"He's just pretty. Just look at him. His cheekbones..."
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
More About One Direction
- Harry Styles enjoys amazing 'sweaty' night in Oslo with Norwegian fan
- Zayn Malik dishes the dirt on what One Direction are really like
- Ed Sheeran reveals his friends One Direction have completed third album
- One Direction issue strict orange dress code for fans at Amsterdam gig
- Niall Horan battling painful injury during One Direction tour
- One Direction fans thrilled to land their own TV show
- Harry Styles makes Taylor Swift really angry: time for a song?
People who read this story also read
- One Direction's Niall Horan 'struggles' to cope with fans
- Little Mix's Perrie Edwards tries to be `understanding' and `unselfish' with Zayn Malik
- Zayn Malik flies home to be with Perrie Edwards
- Zayn Malik needs Perrie Edwards to nurse his latest injury
- Full trailer for The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2 revealed