The miserable Scottish weather did little to dampen the spirits of Scottish X Factor fans, who descended on the SECC Glasgow today to watch the auditions unfold, keeping everything crossed that 2012 will be the year for a Scottish star to shine.
It’s been a while since we’ve had a Scot to support on X and clinging onto the memory of the glorious moment Leon Jackson took the title, back in 2007, is no longer good enough: we want one of our own to take that title… and so does Louis Walsh, by the sounds of it.
As the Irish judge headed into the SECC, he told STV: “I always love Glasgow, it’s like Ireland you know.
“I think we’re going to get somebody good this year. Normally it’s not good but this year I think it’s going to change.” We hope you’re right Mr. Walsh.
We also spotted a very dapper looking Gary Barlow sneaking into the building, along with Tulisa, who later changed into a sexy tartan mini dress to get into the spirit of the day.
Guest judge Anastacia also threw herself into all things Scots, trying her hand at the bagpipes.
The Glasgow fans seemed to be big fans of Tulisa and Gary and were united in their insistence that Scotland has The X Factor. Here’s hoping.
- Check out Tulisa's sexy tartan look
- Take a look at some of the Scottish hopefuls
Dermot O'Leary thinks one Scot has The X Factor
People who read this story also read
- X Factor 2012 auditions: take a sneak peek at the Glasgow hopefuls
- Tulisa proves she has the seXy Factor as she rocks tartan in Glasgow
- X Factor host Dermot O’Leary hopes Scot Jade Richards returns to the show
- Jade Richards auditions for X Factor 2012
- The Queen praises Gary Barlow’s Diamond Jubilee song