Not even the cold, dreich Scottish weather could dampen the X Factor judges’ spirits as they headed to Glasgow’s SECC this morning, in a bid to unearth some Scottish gems for this year’s show.
Tulisa looked every inch the bonnie lass as she posed with a group of highland dancers in a tartan mini dress.
And guest judge Anastacia was determined to announce her arrival in style, by trying her hand at the bagpipes (perhaps best to stick to singing).
Louis Walsh said he was excited to be back in Glasgow and has high hopes for Scottish talent this year, while Gary Barlow was ready to get back to business after celebrating his single and album, both called Sing, clinching the number one spots in the charts this weekend.
Thousands of excited fans braved the drizzle and queued for hours for the chance to watch the auditions and potentially spot this year’s winner.
Speaking at the first round of auditions for the 2012 series in April, host Dermot O’Leary told stv.tv: “It always amazes me, we get a great crowd here every year. The characters are always brilliant and hopefully we’ve got some talent this year.”
We filmed some of the hopefuls during the first round – will any of them get one step closer to bootcamp today? Take a look at the video player above and tell us who you would like to see on this year’s show.
People who read this story also read
- X Factor host Dermot O’Leary hopes Scot Jade Richards returns to the show
- X Factor 2012 auditions: take a sneak peek at the Glasgow hopefuls
- Zayn Malik needs Perrie Edwards to nurse his latest injury
- STV writer Michael MacLennan makes mark for 48 Hour Film Project with short film Capturing Beth
- Gary Barlow's Jubilee songs top single and album charts