Shirley MacLaine has admitted that she was excited to be shooting her Downton Abbey scenes in haunted Highclere Castle.
The Oscar winner has joined the period drama and has been cast as American socialite Martha Levinson.
She told Access Hollywood: "(It was) a fantastic experience... (Highclere) was haunted and the pictures came off the wall."
Meanwhile, Egyptian Pharaoh King Tutankhamun's final resting place was a permanent fixture below the set.
The fifth Earl of Carnarvon helped archaeologist Howard Carter discover the tomb of the king, and collected Egyptian antiquities throughout his life.
The tomb was moved to Highclere after the Earl's mysterious death a year after King Tut's treasure was discovered near Cario.
MacLaine added: "They had the tomb of King Tut in the basement."
There is an Egyptian Exhibition Room in the castle's basement, and many historians believe the stately home is cursed because of its links to the Tutankhamun burial site.
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
More About Downton Abbey
- Downton's Michelle Dockery: 'Lady Mary's got a love triangle going on!' It
- Downton’s Michelle Dockery pretends to be 'rich Britney from Beverly Hills'
- Downton Abbey's Mrs Patmore Lesley Nicol turned down Strictly
- Phyllis Logan says son impresses with Downton Abbey role
- Downton Abbey: meet Violet, Dowager Countess of Grantham
- Downton Abbey: meet the Earl of Grantham, Robert
- Downton Abbey: meet Lady Mary Crawley