Britain's Got Talent opera singer Jonathan Antoine has apparently refused to lose weight for Simon Cowell.
The teenager and his singing partner Charlotte Jaconelli are set to be worldwide stars after wowing audiences with their performances.
However, Jonathan claims he would rather turn down a multi-million pound offer from Cowell than change his image.
He told The People: "If Simon told me he would take me on, but asked me to change my image I'd say, 'thank you, but no thank you'.
"I am who I am and I will continue to be. I won't change for anyone. This experience has helped me feel more comfortable being me."
The 17-year-old quit school last year after he suffered a nervous breakdown because of bullying over his weight.
Following his Britain's Got Talent audition Cowell urged Jonathan to ditch his singing partner Charlotte.
However, Jonathan said: "I'll never dump her. We started as a duo and we will continue as a duo."
Charlotte added: "I was really pleased I put in a good performance in the semi-final to prove I could do it. We are always going to be a duet whether that's in the professional or amateur sphere."
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
People who read this story also read
- BGT final 2012 roundup: delight and drama as Ashleigh & Pudsey win over Charlotte & Jonathan
- Britain’s Got Talent final: Ashleigh & Pudsey win and Jonathan & Charlotte 2nd
- Britain’s Got Talent’s Jonathan Antoine not keen on diets
- BGT champ Ashleigh Butler to share prize with Pudsey
- The Proclaimers talk to STV about new album Like Comedy