David Walliams has given his support to the Out4Marriage campaign.
The Britain's Got Talent judge has urged the public to support marriage equality for gay and straight couples.
David wrote on twitter: "Obama came @Out4Marriage yesterday.
"For those wanting marriage equality in the UK please support and RT http://youtu.be/S87nPVpftyk"
His followers are pleased he is lending his support with one tweeting: "your an idol to me, seriously i love you so much! standing up for what you believe is the most important thing, your amazing!"
Meanwhile, founder of the campaign Mike Buonaiuto thanked the comic for his support.
He wrote: "Cheers David for supporting Out4Marriage campaign and our `homecoming' film and good luck for tonights show."
Founder of Pink magazine, who created the campaign with Buonaiuto, also thanked Walliams for his support.
He wrote: "Thanks @davidwalliams for coming @Out4Marriage . David's #Out4Marriage. Are you? http://www.facebook.com/Out4Marriage."
Other celebrities how have joined the campaign include Stephen Fry, The Scissor Sisters and The Saturdays.
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
People who read this story also read
- Benedict Cumberbatch eating like a goose for Stark Trek 2
- Benedict Cumberbatch voted World’s Sexiest Man
- The Apprentice’s Laura Hogg talks of horror at finding out father of her child was murdered
- Video Gaga – The STV viral video breakdown
- Britain’s Got Talent: Jonathan and Charlotte tipped to win tonight’s final