The Wanted band member Jay McGuiness has admitted that he expected the group would develop into a more "rocky" sound.
He admitted that initially they were not planning to be a dance-orientated act.
Jay told Digital Spy: "We always thought we were gonna go more rocky with time, but that just hasn't happened.
"I mean, rock music just isn't selling a lot right now. I don't know. I guess it changes with time."
Discussing whether they would attempt rapping, McGuiness laughed saying the band don't have enough rhythm to carry it off.
He said: "We were working with Guy Chambers on an almost Robbie Williams-type song, and Tom tried a little bit on that, but no. We didn't fit into it.
"Maybe we'll develop into it more over time. We could probably go garage, but we couldn't go hip-hop because you really need some sense of rhythm."
The Wanted's single Chasing the Sun will be available in the UK on Mary 21.
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
People who read this story also read
- Kate Middleton beautiful in blue as she joins Prince William for charity reception
- Kate Middleton and Prince William’s quiet anniversary with family and friends
- Pretty Pippa Middleton is heads above the rest at friend’s wedding
- Peter Andre to bring some glitz and glamour to Girls' Day Out in Edinburgh
- Alex Reid says Katie Price called her Pete when she was angry