Zayn Malik has admitted that he didn't know what to expect when he became famous.
The 19-year-old said that there are both ups and downs to being famous.
Zayn told Teen Now: "Well, we didn't really know what to expect, so I don't really know if it's better or worse.
"It's interesting because it is different, and we weren't famous before, so we don't really have anything to compare it to.
"Obviously there are upsides and downsides to it as well."
Discussing what is the most ridiculous rumour that he has ever heard about himself, Zayn said: "I heard that I was married once.
"It was pretty weird. I've never been married."
One Direction have just returned from a successful promotional tour of Australia and New Zealand.
The lads have a month at home before they fly back to the US, with One Direction set to play 23 dates across North America starting at Fairfax's Patriot Center on May 24.
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
More About One Direction
- Zayn Malik is hoping for a fan-tastic day with the help of Directioners
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards look loved-up on romantic Verona trip
- Harry Styles enjoys amazing 'sweaty' night in Oslo with Norwegian fan
- Zayn Malik dishes the dirt on what One Direction are really like
- Ed Sheeran reveals his friends One Direction have completed third album
- One Direction issue strict orange dress code for fans at Amsterdam gig
- Niall Horan battling painful injury during One Direction tour