Liam Payne has admitted that he finds it hard to deal with One Direction's fame.
Since the X Factor Payne and his bandmates Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik have found international acclaim.
They have recently completed their first tour in North America and at the end of this month are to play in Australia and New Zealand.
Despite all their success, Liam has admitted that he sometimes wishes he was just normal again.
He said: "It's all happening so fast, it's hard to take it all in.
"Sometimes it's only when I'm on my own, that I think about everything and sometimes I think I would quite like to just go home."
He added: "There's a part of me that occasionally wants to go back to Wolverhampton and just chill out, play the field, be normal again.
"It's a Catch 22 situation, I guess."
Payne is dating Danielle Peazer and he admitted he can't wait to have a break to spend some time with his girlfriend.
He told the Daily Mirror: "I am looking forward to having some time off.
"My girlfriend keeps telling me that we need to get away, go abroad somewhere, just to get away from everything."
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
More About One Direction
- Russell Grant believes Harry Styles will embark on solo projects
- Nicholas McDonald thrilled to have One Direction star Niall Horan’s support
- Little Mix perform These Four Walls and talk about their love lives
- X Factor: Kingsland Road determined to follow in One Direction’s footsteps
- Zayn Malik praises Little Mix’s 'sick' Move ahead of X Factor performance
- One Direction continue global domination with – wait for it – 1D Day
- Oh bhoy! Louis Tomlinson set for face-to-face apology from Agbonlahor