Liam Payne has admitted that he finds it hard to deal with One Direction's fame.
Since the X Factor Payne and his bandmates Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Louis Tomlinson and Zayn Malik have found international acclaim.
They have recently completed their first tour in North America and at the end of this month are to play in Australia and New Zealand.
Despite all their success, Liam has admitted that he sometimes wishes he was just normal again.
He said: "It's all happening so fast, it's hard to take it all in.
"Sometimes it's only when I'm on my own, that I think about everything and sometimes I think I would quite like to just go home."
He added: "There's a part of me that occasionally wants to go back to Wolverhampton and just chill out, play the field, be normal again.
"It's a Catch 22 situation, I guess."
Payne is dating Danielle Peazer and he admitted he can't wait to have a break to spend some time with his girlfriend.
He told the Daily Mirror: "I am looking forward to having some time off.
"My girlfriend keeps telling me that we need to get away, go abroad somewhere, just to get away from everything."
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
More About One Direction
- One Direction’s security team ‘given gun training’ ahead of Mexico gig
- Niall Horan is 'pumped' ahead of tonight’s One Direction gig
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards looking forward to US reunion
- Zayn Malik is hoping for a fan-tastic day with the help of Directioners
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards look loved-up on romantic Verona trip
- Harry Styles enjoys amazing 'sweaty' night in Oslo with Norwegian fan
- Zayn Malik dishes the dirt on what One Direction are really like