Harry Styles and Caroline Flack’s alleged romance has raised a few eyebrows because of the age gap between the two stars – Harry is 17, Caroline 32.
While Xtra Factor presenter Caroline has received death threats via Twitter from jealous One Direction fans, others have been quick to defend any notion of romance between the pair.
The latest star to speak out in favour of One love is journalist and TV presenter Dawn Porter.
She wrote on her blog: “Dear Caroline Flack, I see you have been “spotted” with a younger man? Twelve years younger to be precise.
“He is, however, old enough to legally allow you to take an interest in him, and he is also too old to be your son – just – so that’s good news.”
Dawn explained that she has met Harry and that he is far more mature than the average 17 year old boy.
She continued: “Caroline, I personally am all for you and Harry Styles being ‘good friends’ and think you should persist merrily with your new found ‘friendship’, allowing your heart to go in the one direction (sorry) that it feels is right.
“Just don’t get caught getting him drunk, at least not until his 18th birthday. If only in that respect, be careful.”
Caroline’s Xtra Factor co-host Olly Murs, also said he had no problem with Ca-rry-gate and that he had “put in a good word” for his One Direction buddy.
- Watch One Direction in the video player above
- Dawn Porters funny blog
- Get the latest X Factor news, videos and gossip here
More About One Direction
- One Direction's 'Midnight Memories' is best selling album of 2013
- Niall Horan can’t wait to catch up with One Direction lads at BRITs
- One Direction throw support behind Text Santa
- Russell Grant believes Harry Styles will embark on solo projects
- Nicholas McDonald thrilled to have One Direction star Niall Horan’s support
- Little Mix perform These Four Walls and talk about their love lives
- X Factor: Kingsland Road determined to follow in One Direction’s footsteps