McFly have admitted they are fans of One Direction's debut single 'What Makes You Beautiful'.
The X Factor boyband are to release the track on September 11.
McFly's Harry Judd has confessed that his band wish they had recorded the single.
He told the Daily Star: "They're young, like when we started, so it makes me feel old.
"But it's a compliment to us if people think they sound like early McFly."
He added: "I wish we had their new single for ourselves - it's fresh."
McFly singer Tom Fletcher revealed that he recently met the lads in the recording studio.
He said: "They're a really likeable bunch of guys and they've got everything it takes to hit the big time.
"They've recorded a song I wrote for them - I just hope they use it."
Bassist Dougie Poynter admitted that the band had found it hard with the current popularity of electronic dance music but insisted that pop-rock will make a resurgence.
Poynter added: "Music goes full cycle so it'll come back round for McFly, but the urban thing has made it hard for us to stay relevant. We don't move with the trends."
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
More About One Direction
- Saucy Harry Styles gets some sugar live on stage in Ohio
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards planning matching tattoos?
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards get fruity over Twitter
- Niall Horan gets to the crunch and reveals relationship status
- One Direction’s security team ‘given gun training’ ahead of Mexico gig
- Niall Horan is 'pumped' ahead of tonight’s One Direction gig
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards looking forward to US reunion