Lovely Lucie Jones may have seen her X Factor career go out in smoke when double act Jedward were favoured by the judge but the Welsh wonder is in no doubt as to where her X Factor allegiances lie as she praises the decision to hire Take That front man Gary Barlow.
Currently starring in a new musical at the Edinburgh Festival, the singer took a little time out from the high energy show to give STV her thoughts on the upcoming X Factor series and the new judging line-up.
“I think it will be great, Gary Barlow is a perfect choice. I would have loved to have been on a show with Gary Barlow, just to have been around him and get some of his buzz and his talent and to get his input.
“If you get him as a mentor, you are laughing I think.”
While on the show, Lucie was mentored by Dannii Minogue in the ‘girls’ category but believes new judge Tulisa will carry her own despite stepping into the glamorous shoes left behind by Cheryl and Dannii.
“Tulisa is from a completely different background and she is very successful and they have worked so hard.
“I think she is going to be brilliant, I think she is going to be very straight talking but she is lovely so she will be a good judge.”
- Lucie speaks to STV about her role in new musical The Prodigals showing at the Edinburgh Festival
- Picture gallery of The Prodigals
Lucie's X Factor career began when she astounded judges with her Whitney Houston’s I Will Always Love You rendition and was cruelly ended when she found herself (a shock result) in the bottom two against Jedward.
Never letting her shock exit get in the way, Lucie has since landed high profile modelling contracts, played the role of Cosette in the hit musical Les Miserable and is now starring in a new musical called The Prodigals.
Offering her advice to this year’s hopefuls, she said: “You have just to go with it and remember who you are and keep your head up and don’t let things to get to you, just sing the songs you are given and rock it.”
GOING THE X-TRA MILE:
- STV launches brand new X Factor site
- Exclusive first look at the 2011 judges in action
- The X Factor champs - we take a look at who had the best winning moment
- Jedward voted as having wackiest ever X Factor moment
- The X Factor auditions you will never forget
- One Direction's Torn voted best judge's house performance ever - watch it again here