The X Factor’s second round of arena auditions provided much entertainment, as new stars such as yodeller Barclay Beales got the crowds going, while old faces, including Fife singer Jade Richards and Dubliner Melanie McCabe returned to the show for another go at impressing the judges.
As old combined with new, it was a show of much variety and drama, as the judges – and the 4,000 members of the public – made a judgement call on who should get through.
Scottish singer Jade Richards has been on the show twice before, and as she returned she was keeping her fingers crossed it was going to be third time lucky.
But after Gary Barlow stopped her audition halfway through, it looked like poor Jade could be about to see her dream disappear once again. Luckily the panel decided to give the nervous singer a chance and she made it into Boot Camp.
Another auditionee praying that this would be her year was Dublin singer Melanie McCabe, who made her fourth appearance on X Factor. After a stunning rendition of Titanium Melanie managed to fly through to the next stage of the competition.
Others who had that special something they call The X Factor included yodeller Barclay Beales, who got Nicole Scherzinger rather excited...
Abi Alton, an 18-year-old singer-songwriter, also got a coveted spot in Boot Camp, after singing a self-penned track about heartbreak. Ah, young love.
Euphoria Girls (possibly not leaving quite as happy as they came in), Tom Mann, Relley C, Luke Friend and Shelley Smith were amongst the others who featured on the second lot of arena auditions.
For all the gossip from the night, plus video performances of the auditions, check out our live blog below.
X Factor returns to STV on Saturday and Sunday next week (September 14 and 15) when the auditions continue. Don’t miss the shows!
More About X Factor Top Section
- Sarah-Jane Crawford replaces Caroline Flack on The Xtra Factor
- Scary! Mel B confirmed as fourth judge on The X Factor
- Xtra special singers listen up: X Factor mobile auditions heading your way
- Simon Cowell ‘thrilled’ to confirm X Factor UK 2014 return
- Sam Bailey reveals album tears and hopes for Michael Bolton duet
- Nicholas McDonald says Sam Bailey ‘really deserves’ X Factor win
- X Factor: Nicholas McDonald’s family say ‘he’s a winner to us’
- X Factor’s Abi Alton admits she’s ‘just a little bit different’
- X Factor shock: Relley C prays judges will have Blind Faith despite wobbles
- X Factor: 2013 is Melanie McCabe’s year as she makes it to Boot Camp
- X Factor: Jade Richards through to Bootcamp after difficult arena audition
- X Factor week 2: Barclay Beales yodels into Nicole Scherzinger’s heart