Downton Abbey newcomer Daisy Lewis is reportedly to be part of a big storyline in the upcoming series.
She will play the live-in nanny to Sybil the daughter of Tom Branson and Lady Sybil Branson.
Lady Sybil died giving birth to baby Sybil, named after her mother.
Sparks will fly between the new nanny and the former chauffeur Tom, played by Allen Leech.
A source told the Daily Mirror: “Daisy will become one of Downton’s most prominent characters.
“She wowed producers in her audition and they are delighted to have secured such a brilliant young actress.
“Her romance with Tom will be one of the main storylines of the series. He will begin to develop feelings for her and they start a secret affair.
The insider added: "Tom will have an even bigger role in the new series after becoming the estate manager of Downton.
"The writers know he is a very popular character and the viewers were gripped by Lady Sybil’s traumatic death."
Daisy is one of several new faces to appear in the fourth series of the period drama.
Other newcomers will include Hollywood actor Paul Giamatti, who will play Lady Cora's brother Harold, former EastEnders star Nigel Harman as a visiting valet and opera singer Dame Kiri te Kanawa as a 'house guest' at Downton.
Gary Carr has also joined as the show's first major black character, a jazz singer called Jack Ross.
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
More About Downton Abbey
- Downton Abbey Christmas special: stars tease a ‘really exciting’ episode
- Downton Abbey’s Joanne Froggatt receives letters from rape victims
- Downton's Laura Carmichael says Edith is determined to keep Marigold
- Downton Abbey creator says Sue Johnston plays a strong character
- Downton Abbey episode seven: Edith’s secret in danger after shock departure
- Downton's Michelle Dockery says Lady Mary makes mistakes
- Downton Abbey’s Richard E Grant thought he would be a servant