It’s the news you’ve been waiting for – with US actress Pamela Anderson, TV presenter Anthea Turner and retired rugby star Gareth Thomas among those hoping to twirl their way to victory.
The official line-up for Dancing on Ice 2013 has been revealed, and there’s plenty of familiar faces for fans of the STV show.
Others set to take to the rink are former X Factor winner Shayne Ward, TOWIE star Lauren Goodger, comedian Joe Pasquale and cheeky entertainer Keith Chegwin.
There’s also a dash of Olympic endeavour through the appearance of gymnast Beth Tweddle and boxer Luke Campbell.
They will all be hoping to follow in the footsteps of previous winners Matthew Wolfenden, Sam Attwater, Hayley Tamaddon, Ray Quinn, Suzanne Shaw, Kyran Bracken and Gaynor Faye.
British Olympic skating legends Torvill and Dean will again be assisting the celebs in their routines – while Jason Gardiner makes a return to the judging panel. Will he be more polite after some time away from DoI? We’ll find out...
The celebrities starring are as follows:
- Pamela Anderson (actress) – partnered with Matt Evers
- Anthea Turner (TV presenter) – partnered with Andrew Buchanan
- Gareth Thomas (retired rugby player) – partnered with Robin Johnstone
- Samia Ghadie (Corrie star) – partnered with Sylvain Longchambon
- Matt Lapinskas (EastEnders star) – partnered with Brianne Delcourt
- Beth Tweddle (Olympic gymnast) – partnered with Daniel Whiston
- Luke Campbell (Olympic boxer) – partnered with Jenna Harrison
- Shayne Ward (singer) – partnered with Maria Filippov
- Lauren Goodger (reality TV show star) – partnered with Michael Zenezini
- Joe Pasquale (comedian) – partnered with Vicky Ogden
- Oona King, Baroness King of Bow (politician) – partnered with Mark Hanretty
- Keith Chegwin (TV presenter and entertainer) – partnered with Olga Sharutenko
Former Baywatch star Anderson explained: “I have lots of friends who play ice hockey and they just think it is hilarious that I am attempting to skate. I should be able to skate; I have to be, I’m Canadian after all!”
Meanwhile, Turner admitted: “My legs don’t go quite as high as they used to! I’m not scared of the movement and dancing part, I’m scared of the fact you have these minuscule blades beneath you holding you up.”
So, who will triumph this year? You’ll just have to tune into STV next month to find out...
More About Matt Lapinskas
- Dancing on Ice 2013 final: Round-up as Beth Tweddle crowned skating Queen
- Matt Lapinskas is Dancing on Ice runner-up coming second to Beth Tweddle
- Matt Lapinskas performs Bolero in bid for Dancing on Ice crown
- Matt Lapinskas scores perfect 80 after second DoI final routine
- Matt Lapinskas dazzles in his Showcase Skate earning full marks of 40
- Matt Lapinskas' Dancing on Ice best bits
- Dancing on Ice final: Beth Tweddle tipped to win over Luke and Matt