James Arthur fans throughout the country are celebrating tonight, after the talented singer won The X Factor 2012.
Many viewers north of the border are particularly happy with the result, after adopting James as one of their own, when it was revealed his father comes from Glasgow.
James has spoken about his pride in being half Scottish throughout the competition, even joking that he thinks his Celtic roots could be part of the reason he has found himself becoming a bit of a heartthrob.
He told the Daily Record: “I’m proud of having Scottish roots.
“I’ve got a nana from Scotland. My dad’s Glaswegian. He’s a die-hard Rangers fan and I am a Rangers fan as well.
“I’m three-quarters Scottish and people are always telling me I look Scottish. Look, I’ve got a ginger beard.”
The new champ added: “I love Scotland. When The X Factor Live tour comes to Glasgow it will feel like a homecoming. I definitely won’t be staying on the tour bus that night – I’ll be going home to my family.
“My older sister lives in Glasgow, my aunties, my uncle, my cousins all live up there. I will probably buy a place in Scotland if The X Factor makes me successful.”
After asking fans “north of the border” to vote for him during the semi-final, James dad, Neil, was keen to pass on his son’s thanks to the Scots who helped him make it to the Final.
And tonight, there will be parties going on throughout Glasgow as James’ nearest and dearest celebrate his X Factor success. Have a wee dram on us, Jimmy!
More About James Arthur - the winner
- James Arthur: You’re Nobody single is a 'reintroduction to me'
- James Arthur tips Girls on X Factor & talks sweet making music with Nicole
- X Factor champ James Arthur eyes up seXy dancers on tour
- X Factor star James Arthur thanks fans for return to number one
- JLS stars praise James Arthur and talk Prince William baby advice
- James Arthur has written songs for One Direction
- X Factor winner James Arthur wants to work with Jahmene Douglas