People who ask the questions, like popular news anchor John MacKay and his counterpart on Scotland Tonight, Rona Dougall, rarely have to answer the questions.
So to celebrate the programme’s first birthday we got them to ask each other the key questions, such as: How do you prepare? And what do you think of your fellow presenter?
The results give an insight into how the programme is put together each week, from Monday to Thursday, and what a team effort it is between on- and off-air specialists.
But it also reveals who sees John as a “guilty pleasure” and why Rona feels she needs the make-up artist “desperately” before she goes on the show.
Both presenters are quick to acknowledge that they could not do it alone and it’s clear, underneath the banter, that the two have a healthy professional respect for each other’s skills.
And one thing comes over loud and clear; they do not like having to answer questions.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Spotlight on the career of comic actor Tony Roper
- Lothians MSP Sarah Boyack announces bid to lead Scottish Labour
- Brown 'won't enter the race to be the next Scottish Labour leader'
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Photobomb named word of year as dictionary adds 50,000 words
- Scotland Tonight: Author and activist Owen Jones on his new book
- Scotland Tonight: Will Creative Scotland's film strategy pan out?
- Scotland Tonight celebrates one year on air
- Current affairs programme Scotland Tonight celebrates first birthday
- Scotland Today: all our yesterdays
- How Scotland Tonight's first show unfolded on social media