People who ask the questions, like popular news anchor John MacKay and his counterpart on Scotland Tonight, Rona Dougall, rarely have to answer the questions.
So to celebrate the programme’s first birthday we got them to ask each other the key questions, such as: How do you prepare? And what do you think of your fellow presenter?
The results give an insight into how the programme is put together each week, from Monday to Thursday, and what a team effort it is between on- and off-air specialists.
But it also reveals who sees John as a “guilty pleasure” and why Rona feels she needs the make-up artist “desperately” before she goes on the show.
Both presenters are quick to acknowledge that they could not do it alone and it’s clear, underneath the banter, that the two have a healthy professional respect for each other’s skills.
And one thing comes over loud and clear; they do not like having to answer questions.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Interview with Kelpies sculptor Andy Scott
- Scotland Tonight: The critical referendum battle for Labour votes
- Massive increase in food bank users according to poverty charity
- Hannah Miley heads 40-strong Scottish Aquatics team for Glasgow 2014
- Ban gambling and loan adverts in sport says Church of Scotland
- Warning over defence jobs and contracts if Scotland leaves UK
- UK debt share settlement 'key to post-independence economic outlook'
- Scotland Tonight celebrates one year on air
- Current affairs programme Scotland Tonight celebrates first birthday
- Scotland Today: all our yesterdays
- How Scotland Tonight's first show unfolded on social media