People who ask the questions, like popular news anchor John MacKay and his counterpart on Scotland Tonight, Rona Dougall, rarely have to answer the questions.
So to celebrate the programme’s first birthday we got them to ask each other the key questions, such as: How do you prepare? And what do you think of your fellow presenter?
The results give an insight into how the programme is put together each week, from Monday to Thursday, and what a team effort it is between on- and off-air specialists.
But it also reveals who sees John as a “guilty pleasure” and why Rona feels she needs the make-up artist “desperately” before she goes on the show.
Both presenters are quick to acknowledge that they could not do it alone and it’s clear, underneath the banter, that the two have a healthy professional respect for each other’s skills.
And one thing comes over loud and clear; they do not like having to answer questions.
More About Scotland Tonight
- Scotland Tonight: Will Quebec have another shot at independence?
- Watch a live stream of Scotland Tonight: Scotland's current affairs show
- Scotland Tonight: Celebrated female Labour MP discusses feminism
- Osborne 'not serious' on blocking currency union hears Holyrood
- Cyclist Obree in Commonwealth petition over Uganda's anti-gay laws
- More voters back SNP to rule at Holyrood finds STV poll
- Chancellor's rejection of currency union 'a monumental error'
- Scotland Tonight celebrates one year on air
- Current affairs programme Scotland Tonight celebrates first birthday
- Scotland Today: all our yesterdays
- How Scotland Tonight's first show unfolded on social media