Strictly Come Dancing star Victoria Pendleton admitted her pride was “in tatters” after her first dance in the competition.
The Olympic cyclist’s is partnered with Brendan Cole but their first performance saw them bottom of the leaderboard.
Pendleton told Radio Times: “I left all of my pride in tatters on the dance floor after my first performance.
“I felt prepared beforehand. But then I stepped out into the spotlight, forgot one step and it all went wrong.
“I just didn't have the dance experience to recover.”
She added: “I have never experienced that feeling of helplessness before.
“I was so upset I let down Brendan after all of the hard work that he had put into teaching me the routine.
“I was so annoyed that I didn't hear a word the judges said to me. I am sure they weren't very nice, but nothing they said could have made me feel any worse.
“The one thing that cycling has taught me that I can bring into the dance studio is that when you fall off your bike you just have to dust yourself off and jump straight back on.”
The gold medalist added that she felt better about the foxtrot last weekend and managed to score 26 from the judges.
This article is powered by Well Contented Ltd
More About Strictly Come Dancing
- Mark Benton voted off Strictly Come Dancing
- Barbara Windsor forced to turn down Strictly Come Dancing due to illness
- Natasha Kaplinsky was ‘completely forced’ into Strictly Come Dancing
- Strictly Come Dancing: Abbey Clancy, Teri Hatcher & Joe McElderry tipped
- Strictly’s Lisa Riley upset as partner Robin Windsor struck by tummy bug
- Strictly: Victoria Pendleton likes to stay far away from Brendan Cole
- Jerry Hall to throw ‘apology party’ for Strictly co-stars after strop