This year’s first live X Factor show got off to a great start with some perfect performances and top tunes, and the bookies have also got their favourites on who they think is going to win the competition.
16-year-old Ella Henderson’s astounding rendition of Take That’s Rule the World earned herself a standing ovation and nothing but praise from the judges for her powerful performance.
The pretty 16-year-old has become this week’s favourite to win with odds on Paddy Power of 6/5.
Jahmene Douglas was another highlight of the night, and it could be argued that the judges saved the best for last as his beautiful version of John Lennon’s Imagine complete with a backing choir saw the shy singer being lavished with compliments.
The 22-year-old supermarket worker has now been tipped for success as one of the favourites with odds of 4/1.
Both James Arthur and Kye Sones also came out on top last night and are up there with Jahmene and Ella as potential winners with odds of 10/1.
The favourites to be voted off in tonight’s show are District3 and Carolynne Poole with odds of 11/5 and 7/2.
You can find out who stays and who goes on X Factor tonight on STV at 8pm. Don't miss it!
All the contestants’ performances are available to download now from iTunes.
More About Jahmene Douglas
- X Factor runner-up Jahmene Douglas says 'watch out for what happens next’
- X Factor Final roundup: James beats Jahmene. Rihanna, Emeli and 1D dazzle
- James Arthur won X Factor with 54 per cent of the public vote
- X Factor runner up Jahmene Douglas' best bits
- X Factor: Rihanna Finds Love on Final
- X Factor runner-up: Jahmene Douglas loses out as James Arthur wins
- X Factor Final: Jahmene Douglas shows winner potential on Let It Be cover