World-wide A-lister Cher has been sobbing over the performance of a 16-year-old X Factor hopeful. Ella Henderson still can’t believe the news.
Ella Henderson, 16, sang Cher’s song Believe during the show’s boot camp stage reducing Nicole Scherzinger to tears.
However the celeb sobfest continued when Cher herself saw the performance online and had a blub too.
She tweeted: “Went on Utube 2 c young girl sing Believe!Tears came 2 my eyes! So Touching! a Great version of a Great Song.”
Ella said: “I’m still pinching myself! To have the actual Cher tweet that she’d seen my performance was mind-blowing.
“I’ve been smiling all day. It is quite frankly unbelievable. I can’t believe she cried.”
Nicole first came to the judges’ attention when she sang her own song at audition.
She said: “I find that I write my best songs when I’m angry or sad – when you’re feeling those raw emotions.”
But the generous teenager paid tribute to fellow songwriting hopeful Lucy Spraggan, who wrote and sang *Tea and Toast. *
More About Ella Henderson
- X Factor star Ella Henderson praised for stunning NTAs performance
- X Factor’s Ella Henderson 'excited and honoured' to perform at NTA awards
- X Factor star Ella Henderson performs at Amy Winehouse ball
- Ella Henderson is relieved to have left The X Factor
- X Factor Tulisa is 'devastated' to have lost Ella
- Niall Horan shocked and upset by X Factor Ella Henderson’s eXit
- X Factor results show seven: Shock as Ella Henderson is voted off