X Factor judge Louis Walsh told hopeful Kye Sones that he was wasted cleaning chimneys as he was born to sing – but that’s exactly what the 30-year-old has returned to doing following his hit audition.
Viewers watched in awe on Saturday last week as Kye gave a soulful audition, performing a mash-up of of Rita Ora’s R.I.P and Swedish House Mafia’s Who’s Going To Save The World Tonight.
He impressed all of the judges on the panel, who tipped him for great things. Louis told the wannabe star that his talents up until now had been wasted as he was destined for a singing career.
Rita Ora – clearly touched by Kye’s decision to sample to her track – told him: “You made R.I.P. sound so cool man. You're a superstar... You're an actual superstar.”
Gary was also impressed, commenting: “'We've not only found a great singer, we've found an artist,” while Tulisa admitted she’d love to mentor the 30-year-old.
But despite being touted for great things in the performing world, Kye has now returned to cleaning chimneys.
Speaking to Digital Spy, he said that despite his audition going down a storm, he can’t quite quit the day job just yet.
"I'm heading back to work tomorrow. I'll be back on the building site," he said.
"My brother is on holiday so I can't get out of it. I'll be back chimney sweeping."
Kye did admit he practices honing his singing while on the roofs of houses though. Fancy coming to sweep out our chimneys Kye?!
More About Kye Sones
- X Factor stars wish STV viewers a Merry Christmas
- Harry Styles offers X Factor’s Kye Sones romance advice
- X Factor aXed star Kye Sones reveals all about James Arthur bromance
- X Factor results show five roundup: Kye aXed while Rylan survives
- Kye Sones wants Jahmene Douglas to win the X Factor
- X Factor Live Show five results round-up: Drama as Kye Sones is voted out
- X Factor: Gary Barlow dubs Kye Sones and Rylan Clark sing-off “crazy”