The Wanted have thanked Backstreet Boys for their support.
The British boy band took to the stage at the American Music Awards (AMAs) on Sunday night (18.11.12) to perform their latest single 'I Found You' and gave a shout-out to their idols.
Singer Siva Kaneswaran, 24, said: ''America has been amazing to us and the song is already doing so well.
''We supported Backstreet Boys and New Kids [on the Block] on tour a while ago, they brought us on stage and called us the new generation. We were like 'cheers mate', that really got the ball rolling for us.''
Tom Parker, 24, added: ''Favourite moment of my career so far.''
Although the group - also including Max George, Jay McGuiness and Nathan Sykes - lost out on the Favourite Pop/Rock Band, Duo or Group award to Maroon 5 they still enjoyed their evening - especially Pink's energetic performance of her song 'Try'.
Tom told the Daily Star newspaper: ''The AMAs were pretty amazing, we didn't win but it was great to be nominated and getting to perform was so fantastic.
''Pink was unbelievable, she gave the performance of the night. She's so incredible and such an amazing professional.''
Copyright © bangshowbiz.com 2012.
People who read this story also read
- X Factor Final 2011 show one roundup: Amelia out, Marcus v Little Mix
- One Direction star Zayn Malik loves Perrie Edwards’ dirty ways
- Zayn Malik cuddles up to Perrie Edwards at Little Mix party
- Niall Horan, Zayn Malik and Harry Styles gush about Royal Variety show
- Zayn Malik like a 'lovesick puppy' around Perrie Edwards