Russell Brand reached out to help a homeless man.
The comedian came to the aid of the unfortunate street dweller in Los Angeles, California on Thursday (13.09.12).
According website Mail Online, the 37-year-old star was on his way out of a yoga class when he spotted the unidentified individual in an alleyway.
He then walked over, offered him some water and went on to have a conversation with him.
He also gave the shirtless male a white T-shirt to protect him from the hot sun rays.
Russell offered him a car ride to destination, which was accepted, and the 'Rock of Ages' star was reportedly overheard saying they were going to an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting.
Beforehand, the rescued man was apparently seen rolling around in the dirty parking space and appeared to be under the influence of some kind of narcotics.
The star - who recently divorced singer Katy Perry - is a recovering alcoholic, heroin user and sex addict.
He has been sober since 2002 and credits his recovery to attending regular AA meetings as well as doing calming exercise and meditation.
Copyright © bangshowbiz.com 2012.
More About Homelessness
- Princess Anne celebrates 'invaluable' support service in Cambuslang
- Drugs, crime, violence and abuse living on the streets of Aberdeen
- Starter Packs turns houses into homes for struggling families
- City Mission begins harvest time collection for Glasgow's homeless
- Funding of £7m announced in bid to tackle debt-driven homelessness
- MSPs slam 'unacceptable' housing offered to teenagers leaving care
- 'I had no idea what to do' - reflecting on reality of youth homelessness