Britain’s Got Talent 2010 winners Spelbound are furiously rehearsing for what will be one of the biggest shows of their careers – performing at the Olympics closing ceremony this Sunday.
The acrobatic gymnastics team, who dazzled and amazed with their gravity-defying stunts on the hit talent show, have been selected to take centre stage at this Sunday’s much-hyped ceremony, a source has exclusively revealed to stv.tv
Performing at the Games is a huge honour for the squad, who will perform with the world watching on, with an estimated audience of four billion people expected to tune in.
Before their big weekend gig, Spelbound will also show off their moves later this week during the rhythmic gymnastics rounds at the Olympics. Head coach Neil Griffiths said: “Being chosen to perform at the Olympics is something special, a life-changing moment.
“When we got the call to say we could be involved all our dreams had come true, we were just so happy. It is the most unbelievable feeling to be part of something so amazing.”
The squad are due to impress audiences with “huge” throws, catches and other eye-popping acrobatic moves - so we can only imagine what they’re planning for the closing ceremony!
Other acts thought to be performing at this Sunday’s spectacular include Take That, chart-topping boy band One Direction and the Spice Girls.
The Closing Ceremonies of the London 2012 Summer Olympic Games will kick off this Sunday August 12 and will include a handover to the next Host City, Rio.
The ceremony has been titled A Symphony of British Music, in celebration of the country’s contribution to and success in the music industry over the last 50 years.
In total more than 4,100 performers will wow audiences, including 3,500 adult volunteers and 380 schoolchildren from the six east London Host Boroughs.
- All the latest from the Olympics
- Spelbound getting ready to dazzle at the Olympics later this week
- Duchess Kate is Queen of the waves at the Games
- Kim Sears is Andy Murray's golden girl at the Olympics
People who read this story also read
- Kate Middleton sparks stunning hair-raising frenzy
- Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton Queen of the waves at Olympics
- Kim Sears proves she’s Andy Murray’s golden girl at Olympics
- Celebrities rush to offer their condolences to Gary and Dawn Barlow
- Domestic goddess Kate Middleton is Queen of the kitchen