Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson’s break-up won’t affect the promotional activities for the final Twilight movie in the vampire series, Breaking Dawn – Part 2, Summit Entertainment has confirmed.
There had been fears that things turning sour between the former Twilight lovebirds - following Kristen’s ‘fling’ with married film director Rupert Sanders – could ruin the planned events building up to the release of the fifth and final movie in the series.
But Nancy Kirkpatrick of movie studio Summit Entertainment insisted this wouldn’t be the case.
She told Entertainment Weekly: "While it is studio policy not to comment on the personal lives of actors, Summit is moving full steam ahead and looking forward to this November's opening of The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2.
"We are confident that the film delivers amazing entertainment for our passionate fans and general audience alike."
There are sure to be a few awkward moments ahead for the pair, who will be forced to stand on the red carpet side-by-side as they promote the final instalment in the vampire saga.
But it looks like while they are contracted to continue with the promotion of the movie together, Rob and Kristen will be doing it through gritted teeth.
A source said to have ties close to Summit Entertainment told Perez Hilton recently: “There’s serious concern about the promotional tour, which is set to kick off in October. This is a potential nightmare for all involved.”
Either way, the pair look set for a saga of their own when they start the promotion in October...
Rob is said to be devastated after it emerged last week that Kristen had cheated on him. Photos appeared in gossip magazines and on websites showing the actress in a steamy clinch with married dad-of-two movie director Rupert Sanders, whom she became friendly with while filming Snow White and the Huntsman.
Rob’s worst fears were then confirmed when Kristen issued a statement apologising for a “momentary indiscretion”. Rupert followed up with his own statement, in which he said he is “utterly distraught about the pain I have caused my family”.
Both Kristen and Rob are believed to have moved out of their former shared LA mansion – with Rob thought to be holed up with friend Reese Witherspoon and her new hubby Tim Toth, while Kristen is reported to have fled the luxurious pad at the request of her betrayed former partner.
This pair will have to come face-to-face in time for the countdown to The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn – Part 2 though...
- Kristen and Rob set for an awkward reunion...
- Kristen's former co-star Charlize Theron said to be "absolutely fuming" with her
- A tearful Kristen apologises to Rob
- The latest on Robert Pattinson
- The latest on Kristen Stewart
More About Twilight
- Robert Pattinson looks a Brit sad as he heads back to Kristen Stewart
- It's over (again) as Robert Pattinson dumps Twilight lover Kristen Stewart
- Twilight: Breaking Dawn Part 2 shock as it tops nominations for worst film
- Robert Pattinson and Kirsten Stewart split for Christmas
- Kristen Stewart shows her racy side as she flashes photographers
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart's frosty end to Twilight tour
- Robert Pattinson reveals how little he knows about Twilight
People who read this story also read
- Kristen Stewart in tears as she tells Robert Pattinson 'I’m sorry'
- Robert Pattinson set for 'nightmare' encounter with Kristen Stewart
- Charlize Theron “absolutely fuming” with Kristen Stewart over Sanders affair
- Fuming Robert Pattinson loses his cool with the media
- Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart’s relationship nightmare