One Direction sexpot Louis Tomlinson has made a shock confession - he’s going slightly deaf in one ear.
The singer, who makes up one fifth of the chart-topping band, admitted he’s worried that he’s losing the hearing in one of his ears, after a long run of noisy gigs and concerts full of screaming fans.
“I am going slightly deaf in my right ear. It’s tinnitus... something like that,” the 20-year-old hunk told the Mirror.
He added, before going on stage at Liverpool's Radio City Live: “All our fans are always very loud, especially Scousers.”
Now the group’s management are insisting that Louis and the rest of the boys look after their hearing by wearing protective earpieces when on stage and during all rehearsals.
And while Louis hasn’t actually been diagnosed with tinnitus, which can lead to deafness if left untreated, he has been told to take measures to protect his hearing – including avoiding playing music too loud on his iPod. Bad luck, pet!
A source added to the paper: “Screams during gigs have started affecting the boys on stage.
“They are only young and still developing, so management insist they wear hi-tech earpieces and filters to reduce the volume of the screaming and the music.
“When Louis made his comments he had really bad earache. Thankfully, this has now cleared up but he knows to be careful in future.”
Poor Lou isn’t the only singer who has bene affected by hearing problems; Coldplay front-man Chris Martin recently spoke of his own battle with tinnitus, which he’s had for around 10 years.
And rapper Will.i.am also The Sun in 2010 that the only time he doesn’t notice the condition is when he’s listening to music or performing on stage. He told the paper: "I don't know what silence sounds like any more. Music is the only thing which eases my pain.
"I can't be still. Work calms me down. I can't be quiet as that's when I notice the ringing in my ears. There's always a beep there every day, all day. I don't know exactly how long I've had this but it's gradually got worse."
- Check out just how loud One Direction's fans can be in the video player above!
- Will.i.am talks of his tinnitus battle
- Chris Martin reveals he suffers from tinnitus
- One Direction keep Glasgow up all night
- The latest 1D news and gossip
More About One Direction
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards planning matching tattoos?
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards get fruity over Twitter
- Niall Horan gets to the crunch and reveals relationship status
- One Direction’s security team ‘given gun training’ ahead of Mexico gig
- Niall Horan is 'pumped' ahead of tonight’s One Direction gig
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards looking forward to US reunion
- Zayn Malik is hoping for a fan-tastic day with the help of Directioners
People who read this story also read
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards party at his cousin’s birthday bash
- One Direction star Harry Styles in a spot of bother
- One Direction’s Louis and Liam step things up a gear with their girlfriends
- One Direction star Louis Tomlinson sends his support to Tom Daley
- One Direction lads have a laugh at The Wanted bargain book