Duchess of Cambridge Kate Middleton is proving she’s strides ahead of the rest of us once again, with the 30-year-old winning praise for her fashion sense at the Olympic Games.
Olympic bronze medallist Rebecca Adlington, who swam to victory on Sunday, couldn’t stop gushing about the brunette beauty’s striking navy blue wedges, which the Duchess wore during a visit to the Games yesterday.
Kate, husband Prince William, and his brother Prince Harry, made a surprise visit to the British Olympic team's official residence to wish the athletes good luck in the remaining days of the Games.
And while there Rebecca, 23, couldn’t help admiring Kate’s choice of summery footwear.
'I just love her shoes. They're much nicer than the sports gear we're wearing this week,' the sportswomen is quoted saying in the Daily Mail.
Kate’s cork navy blue wedges cost £245 from high street shop Russell & Bromley and added a good bit of height to the Duchess's already tall 5ft 8in frame. The shoes perfectly finished off Kate’s nautical themed outfit, which included a Breton striped white and blue top and a navy blue Smythe jacket.
The outfit was completed with the navy blue clutch from Russell & Bromley priced at £245 which acted as the perfect partner to Kate’s high wedges.
Yesterday, as well as a meet and greet with the athletes competing in this year’s Olympics, the Royals also watched as Zara Phillips and her team rode to victory to win a silver medal in the eventing competition.
Zara became the first member of the Royal Family to win a medal at the Olympics and she said it was “amazing” to be presented with her gong by her mother, Princess Anne, who herself rode in the 1976 Montreal Olympics.
Kate, William and Harry are expected to make another appearance at the Olympics tomorrow when they watch the tennis at Wimbledon
- Kate and Wills jump for joy as Zara wins silver medal
- Duchess of Cambridge Kate dazzles in diamonds at Olympics exhibition
- Kate glitters in grey outfit at cocktail reception
- The latest on the Royal Family
People who read this story also read
- Kate and Prince William jump for joy as Zara Phillips wins Olympic silver
- Kate Middleton dazzles in diamonds at Olympics exhibition
- Kate Middleton giggles at Queen’s love for Dizzee Rascal
- Kate Middleton beams with pride as she watches Zara Phillips at Olympics
- Kate Middleton glitters in grey as she shines at cocktail reception