Zayn Malik’s cousin Zarish was no doubt the most popular girl in town yesterday as her famous big cous popped into her 16th birthday party.
While the excited teens were delighted to see handsome Zayn, sadly he didn’t bring his fellow One Direction bandmates Harry Styles (believed to be Zarish’s favourite), Niall Horan, Liam Payne and Louis Tomlinson.
Protective Zayn was probably terrified to let singletons Harry and Niall anywhere near his pretty cousin and her friends!
According to unrealitytv.com, he instead chose to bring along his Little Mix girlfriend Perrie Edwards (bet the girls were delighted with that, ahem) and the loved up couple are said to have posed for pics with the party goers.
It was a flying visit for the stars, as apparently Zayn was unwell, but his brief appearance is sure to have won Zarish cool points amongst her friends.
She also became a trending topic on Twitter yesterday when Zayn Tweeted the hashtag #HappyBirthdayZarish
Oh to have a famous family member…
It may be the last Zarish sees of Zayn for a while as the One Direction boys are gearing up for a return to the US in a couple of weeks, where they are due to perform at the MTV VMAs on September 6.
As well as taking to the stage, the lads are also nominated for two awards – Best Pop Video and Best New Artist.
Winning even one of the gongs would be the icing on the cake for the 1D stars, who are also hotly tipped to perform at the Olympics closing ceremony next week.
Not bad for a bunch of boys who were third in the X Factor back in 2010.
- Louis backs Tom Daley
- More on One Direction's Olympics performance
- 1D's Olympic excitement
- Zayn Malik is totes in love with Perrie Edwards
People who read this story also read
- One Direction set to perform at Olympics closing ceremony
- One Direction star Zayn Malik loves Perrie Edwards 'to pieces'
- Miley Cyrus admits ‘online stalking’ One Direction’s Zayn Malik
- One Direction’s Louis and Liam step things up a gear with their girlfriends
- Zayn Malik swears he’s the bad boy of One Direction