The Duchess of Cambridge is known as the ‘thrifty princess’ but yesterday Kate showed she can do all-out glamour too, as she dazzled in a diamond necklace thought to be worth £49,000 at an Olympics exhibition.
The stunning 30-year-old looked super glamorous dressed full in designer pieces head-to-toe, with the Duchess opting for an electric blue Stella McCartney dress and black Prada heels for the visit.
She topped the look off with the glittering Olympic-themed Cartier piece, which boasted five rings set on a long chain - the symbol of the sporting event.
A spokesman for St James's Palace said Kate has owned the striking necklace for some time, commenting: "It's a personal piece which she's had for some time. It's not an official Olympic item but it's appropriate to wear it.”
Kate was showing her support for London 2012 as she turned up at the Road To 2012: Aiming High exhibition at the National Portrait Gallery in London yesterday.
The exhibition is the third and final instalment of a three-year project that highlighting the world-class Olympic and Paralympic athletes, as well as the work carried out by people behind the scenes. It follows the Changing Pace exhibition in 2011 and the Setting Out exhibition in 2010.
It was an incredibly important day for the Duchess of Cambridge, who has a formal role with the Olympics as an Ambassador for Team GB and ParalympicsGB. She is also a patron of the National Portrait Gallery.
And once again, Kate managed to impress all around her, with her warm personality.
During yesterday’s visit, Kate got the chance to look at some of the photographs of athletes – and she even came across one of herself playing hockey back in March during a meet and greet with the GB hockey squad.
As a keen sportswoman and amateur photographer, we’re sure Duchess Kate was in her element.
MORE ROYAL NEWS:
- The latest on the Royals
- Kate and Prince William mark his 30th birthday with a belated bash
- Kate and her sister Pippa take on Kim Sears in a Wimbledon frock-off
People who read this story also read
- Kate Middleton and Prince William mark his 30th with belated birthday bash
- Wimbledon frock-off: Kate and Pippa Middleton versus Kim Sears
- Kate Middleton to make speech at Prince William’s 30th birthday dinner
- Katie Holmes and Suri enjoy sweet treat away from divorce drama
- Kate Middleton gave Prince William breakfast in bed treat for 30th birthday