For Derek Warburton, styling celebrities from Beyonce to Sean Paul is all in a day’s work.
So it was no surprise that all eyes were on the outlandish figure when he attended the recent Scottish Fashion Awards in Glasgow, wearing a rather eye-catching pink turban on his head.
Explaining the unique look, Derek told STV’s Gill Harvey: “I’ve being really into Laurence of Arabia lately, I’m a stylist so I’m always finding new things, so I was like ‘I have to do the big turban thing’.
“Last year I wore the big Lady Gaga glasses, so I was like ‘alright, I’ve got to do something [else]’.”
Along with his pink turban, Derek added some ‘finger bling’, wearing a number of rings adorned with dozens of white and black diamonds.
But while he might have been catching the eye of many of the attendees at the glitzy ceremony, Derek was more interested in checking out everyone else’s outfits.
“Everyone looks really amazing,” he said of the crowd. “It’s such a mix which I love. There is distinctly British, very clean glamour, and then a little bit more fashion-forward. It makes it real cool.”
The stylist also admitted he loves coming to Scotland because the people are so friendly.
He said: “I like to leave America sometimes, it’s so nice to go and see other cultures. Not that it’s so different - we all speak English - but it’s nice to come here and it’s very friendly. I live in New York, it’s nice to have friendly people around!”
He added: “New Yorkers are cool, but very direct. Here everyone is so nice and here I met so many friends and really nice people, it’s so fun.”
- Scottish star Karen Gillan talks to STV at the Scottish Fashion Awards
- Roundup of celebrity interviews at this year's Scottish Fashion Awards
- More fashion news
More About Fashion and style
- Blooming beautiful celebrity style pregnancy fashion with Abbey Clancy
- Faye’s Fashion: 1920s Great Gatsby looks plus distressed jeans masterclass
- Bridget Jones granny pants storm into style as the ‘new thong’
- Teen fashion: from cheap chic to perfect prom wear
- Fabulous fashion for kids: stylish but economical looks for spring
- Ossie Clark creative designer Nic Georgiou on reviving the legendary brand
- Spring into style with Abbey Clancy’s pick of this season’s trends