Zayn Malik has been gushing about his love for Perrie Edwards, sending his Little Mix girlfriend an Xtra special birthday message on Twitter – haven’t these stars ever heard of Moonpig?
He Tweeted: “a very special happy birthday to my baby perrie ! :D x mwah love you x” Aw, how sweet (feeling slightly nauseous).
Zayn was not alone in sending on his wishes to the stunning 19-year-old and Perrie took to Twitter to thank her fans for their support, writing: “Thank you for all the lovely messages and everything :D It's been the bestest birthday ever! :D :D Your all amazing! Love you all <3<3 Xox [sic’]”
After meeting on the X Factor 2011, when One Direction performed on the show, Zayn and Perrie confirmed they were an item earlier this year, with Perrie telling the world that everything was rosy with her handsome lad. We’re not at all jealous here, honest.
She said: “I'm really happy. When you both do the same kind of thing, there's more understanding because you both get it... and it's more exciting when you see each other.”
Zayn also spoke out about the romance during an interview with the Daily Mirror, saying: “We're incredible, everything's going great. We're buzzing.”
But as all girls linked with One Direction know, it’s not all fun and games when it comes to dating one of the lads.
Just like Caroline Flack, Danielle Peazer and Eleanor Calder, Perrie has also suffered abuse from jealous 1D fans, via social networking sites.
The beautiful blonde singer was recently accused of not knowing how to spell her own boyfriend’s name, when a Tweet from Little Mix's official account went out listing the group’s favourite things from A-Z.
Perrie obviously chose Zayn for Z, but the Tweet read ‘Zayne’ – this did not go down well with eagle eyed, slightly obsessive fans.
Perrie was quick to speak out about the error, Tweeting: "Just to clarify. The alphabet was typed up wrong after we wrote it on paper. I am aware of how to spell my own boyfriends name :) Perrie <3."
For some, her apology was not enough.
She then had to add: "Just to make it clear one more time, I know how to spell my own boyfriends name, no need for the hate <3 [sic]." Hell hath no fury like a 1D fan scorned! Perrie’s certainly having the last laugh now…
- Zayn has been splashing the cash to impress Perrie
- Forget cars - Niall Horan has One thing on his mind
- The boys are set to rock out with their latest gifts!
- One Direction finish their US tour
- Zayn Malik swears he’s a bad boy
- Vroom! Harry Styles takes flashy Ferrari for a spin
More 1D news and gossip
People who read this story also read
- Zayn Malik set to impress Perrie Edwards as he splashes the cash
- Zayn Malik swears he’s the bad boy of One Direction
- Louis Tomlinson and Eleanor Calder engagement officially denied
- Niall Horan returns home from US with One thing on his mind...
- One Direction star Niall Horan had 'sick' week in Marbella