Kate Middleton has charmed the public, the Royals, and now Hollywood Royalty too it seems, after Brad Pitt paid thousands of pounds to snap up a portrait of the Duchess.
According to reports, Oceans Eleven star Brad fell in love with a stencil on canvas version of the famous engagement portrait of Kate and Prince William’s, and decided he had to have the piece of art in his collection.
The movie star is believed to have paid thousands to secure the black and white portrait, created by Islington graffiti artist Bambi, which shows the couple smiling for the cameras with their arms linked, with the words ‘A bit like Marmite’ scrawled over the front.
Acording to artlyst, the portrait, which had been on show at a gallery at the corner of Offord Road and Liverpool Road, Barnsbury, had become a big hit with tourists, who have fallen in love with Wills and Kate, now known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge.
And it seems Brad just had to have the piece for his collection to add to one of his many homes around the globe.
As well as snap up the Kate and William portrait, Brad also reportedly bought an image of Queen Elizabeth, as well as one of the late R&B/soul star Amy Winehouse.
And they didn’t come cheap, with “serious art collector” Brad reported to have paid £60,000 for the three pieces.
Earlier this year it emerged that Brad and Angelina fell in love with Kate and William’s stunning Royal Wedding, and are said to be taking inspiration from it for their very own wedding later this year.
The Hollywood pair – Angelina in particular – are said to be “fascinated” by the couple and although will be having a much smaller, more private affair, would like to incorporate some themes from the Royal wedding into their own nuptials.
A source told Star magazine: “Angie is fascinated by Kate, and like the rest of the world she fell in love with her and William when she watched their wedding on TV with Brad and the kids.
“She would never make her own wedding public and wants a private event on a much smaller scale. But she loved the Britishness of Kate and William’s big day and wants to incorporate some of those very traditional elements into her own ceremony.”
- Kate and William's wedding inspires Brad and Ange
- Brad and Angelina rumoured to wed in New Orleans
- Prince William reveals that he likes to romance Kate to keep the spark alive
- Prince William turned 30 last week; find out what Kate had in store for him
People who read this story also read
- Prince William loves spoiling Duchess Kate with “romantic gestures”
- Kate Middleton gave Prince William breakfast in bed treat for 30th birthday
- Kate Middleton told to curtsy to Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie
- Kate Middleton reveals that Prince William treats her like a Princess
- Kate Middleton booked Prince William high-octane boat ride for 30th birthday