Kate Middleton may be the future Queen, but the Duchess of Cambridge has been advised that she will be expected to show her respect adn curtsy to “blood” Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie.
‘Commoner’ Kate only became a member of the Royal Family after marrying second-in-line to the throne Prince William in April last year.
And now it seems that a document has been privately circulated clarifying Kate’s exact status in the Royal Family following the marriage.
It appears that the Duchess will be expected to bow down and show her respect to fully-fledged ‘blood Royals’ when Wills is not present, including Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson’s daughters.
Duchess Kate will also be expected to curtsy to some of her other new relations including Princess Anne and the Queen’s cousin Princess Alexandra, however Sophie, Countess of Wessex, will be expected to curtsy to Kate.
It’s not clear exactly how Kate feels about these rules, but the Duchess has so far seamlessly blended into Royal life and will no doubt be keen to continue pleasing the Queen in her new role.
However the new rules seem odd considering the importance the Queen placed on Kate and William during her central Diamond Jubilee celebrations, inviting only the couple, her own husband the Duke of Edinburgh, Prince Charles and Camilla, and Prince Harry to appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace on the final day of festivities.
Other Royals including Princess Anne, Prince Andrew, Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie, and Prince Edward and his wife, Sophie, were not included in the balcony appearance, and the small line-up appeared to send a message to the public about just how important Kate has become in the last year.
- The latest news and gossip on the Royals
- Prince William enjoyed high-octane boat ride for 30th birthday
- Duchess Kate expected to make speech at William's 30th birthday bash
People who read this story also read
- Kate Middleton booked Prince William high-octane boat ride for 30th birthday
- Kate Middleton to make speech at Prince William’s 30th birthday dinner
- Prince Charles picks up tab for Duchess of Cambridge's wardrobe
- Kate Middleton to play matchmaker for Pippa at William’s birthday bash
- Chantelle Houghton wore full make-up to give birth