One Direction are a huge hit with teen girls, but the boys have revealed that they’ve also been forced to flee the advances of some of their fans’ mothers.
The five-piece - Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson - are hugely popular around the world, and have attracted attention from not only everyday girls, but also lovely celebrity ladies such as Katy Perry and Demi Lovato.
And despite their tender years – all of them are under 21 - it seems they have something to offer the more mature female too...
One Direction revealed they were left shocked by the flirtatious antics of some of the fans' mums they encountered during their US tour.
Liam told The Sun: “The mums are fearless. They will grab and pinch and it gets quite tricky.”
But Harry, 18, admits he doesn't mind a slightly older lady – something he’s already displayed, following his fling with 32-year-old TV presenter Caroline Flack last year, when he was aged just 17.
When asked if he’d have a problem getting involved with an older fan, the curly-haired cutie replied: “I would not have a problem as long as they were nice and made me smile.”
Meanwhile, it might be the case that fans’ mums don’t mind the fact the boys aren’t even 21 yet – but security at a number of Las Vegas casinos certainly do.
It’s illegal to drink or gamble under the age of 21 in the States, and the boys were left red-face after bouncers chucked them out as they tried to have a flutter in a number of establishments.
A source told the paper: "The boys were hoping to go wild in Vegas by boozing and gambling into the early hours.
“But security at every casino in town knew who the lads were and threw them out because the legal drinking and gambling age in the US is 21."
- Oh no! One Direction admit they're getting a bit fed up with female attention
- One Direction cause mayhem as they strip off in Sydney
- The latest on 1D
More About One Direction
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards planning matching tattoos?
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards get fruity over Twitter
- Niall Horan gets to the crunch and reveals relationship status
- One Direction’s security team ‘given gun training’ ahead of Mexico gig
- Niall Horan is 'pumped' ahead of tonight’s One Direction gig
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards looking forward to US reunion
- Zayn Malik is hoping for a fan-tastic day with the help of Directioners