Kate Middleton has reportedly travelled back from London to North Wales, in time for her husband Prince William’s 30th birthday celebrations tonight.
The Duchess of Cambridge is believed to have made the journey back to the couple’s secluded cottage in Anglesey, where they are based most of the time, so she and Wills can mark the special occasion in style with some close friends.
According to marieclaire.co.uk, Royal insiders have spotted Kate - who turned 30 herself earlier this year - making her way there, so she can get ready for the intimate bash tonight.
School friends of William’s including nightclub owner Guy Pelly and Thomas van Straubenzee are believed to be invited, along with Kate’s younger sister Pippa, 28.
It could be a big night for single Pip - Kate is reportedly planning to set her sister up with an eligible bachelor at the birthday celebration!
RAF search and rescue pilot Prince William has had to work today, as he continues his studies during a week-long course in Gloucestershire.
So it makes sense that the Prince – also known as the Duke of Cambridge, and the Earl of Strathearn while in Scotland – doesn’t have a big blow-out tonight.
But according to sources, he’s not too bothered. “William is happy to work on his 30th,” a source is quoted saying in the Daily Record.
“For him work commitments are the most important thing.
“He loves being in the military so it’s important for him to do everything required to be the best he can be.”
It has been rumoured that Kate was planning a big bash for William’s birthday, to be held at either Highgrove House in Gloucestershire or at Kensington Palace in London.
But it looks like that might have just been mere speculation; either that or Duchess Kate is going to host the party this weekend, when the Prince can relax following the completion of his course!
- Kate and William to mark Prince's birthday with "low-key" bash
- Duchess Kate to set her sister Pippa up with an eligible bachelor at William's birthday party
- A look back at the key events in Prince William's life
- More Royal news and gossip
People who read this story also read
- Kate Middleton to play matchmaker for Pippa at William’s birthday bash
- Prince William to celebrate 30th birthday with Duchess Kate in “low key” style
- Kate Middleton treats 150 children to a night at the theatre
- Pippa Middleton looked far from blue as she joined the Thames Jubilee Pageant
- Prince William’s 30th birthday: a look back at the life of the future King