Professional dancer Katya Virshilas has been dropped from Strictly Come Dancing, it has been revealed.
The Lithuanian bowed out of the show early during last year’s show when she was paired with TV presenter Dan Lobb.
She had come fifth the previous year when she was partnered with rugby player Gavin Henson.
Katya is the only professional dancer from last year who will not be returning for the new series, with her departure from the show being confirmed by the BBC today.
Strictly Come Dancing will return later this year and has two new executive producers, Glenn Coomber and Andrea Hamilton.
Former ballerina Darcey Bussell has also joined the judging panel and will replace Alesha Dixon, who left the show to become a judge on Britain’s Got Talent.
- Alesha Dixon quits Strictly Come Dancing
- Len Goodman to be a harsher judge
- Darcey Bussell joins Strictly judging panel
People who read this story also read
- Sharon Osbourne breaks down on TV as she discusses Jack’s MS
- Kate Middleton treats 150 children to a night at the theatre
- The STV Trailer Park: with Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter, Red Lights, The Three Stooges and Fast Girls
- Duchess Kate and Duke of Cambridge coming to Scotland
- One Direction star Niall Horan’s sausage causes problems on tour