Not every 13-year-old gets the chance to perform with Elton John in front of a 17,000-strong crowd, but that’s exactly what happened to Tallia Storm when she was asked to be the opening act for his recent Scottish concert.
The talented teenager is still trying to get her head around the life-changing experience, which came about after she met David Furnish while on a family holiday last year and gave him a copy of her demo to pass along to Sir Elton.
Elton was immediately impressed with Tallia’s sensational voice and asked her to open his concert at Falkirk stadium, where she impressed the audience with her strong vocals and confidence on stage.
Tallia spoke to STV at the recent Scottish Fashion Awards, where she was performing alongside fellow teen star Dionne Bromfield, and she revealed that she cannot wait to see what the future holds for her career.
“The Elton gig was surreal, and meeting him was phenomenal,” she said. “He invited me into his dressing room and he was just sitting there watching TV. It was incredible!
“He was just giving me all this advice and telling me there’s no rush and to keep sending my tracks over to him.
“He’s the one that started my career and he’s the one that’s always going to be there so fingers crossed, we’ll see where it takes me.”
Tallia is a big fan of fashion, with one of her icons being Scottish designer Holly Fulton. She is also a huge fan of Corrie Nielson and was wearing one of her designs at the Fashion Awards.
STUNNING SCOTTISH FASHION
- Full list of Scottish Fashion Awards 2012 winners
- All the gossip from the Scottish Fashion Awards
- Stars shine at Scottish Fashion Awards
More About Fashion and style
- Blooming beautiful celebrity style pregnancy fashion with Abbey Clancy
- Faye’s Fashion: 1920s Great Gatsby looks plus distressed jeans masterclass
- Bridget Jones granny pants storm into style as the ‘new thong’
- Teen fashion: from cheap chic to perfect prom wear
- Fabulous fashion for kids: stylish but economical looks for spring
- Ossie Clark creative designer Nic Georgiou on reviving the legendary brand
- Spring into style with Abbey Clancy’s pick of this season’s trends