As fabulous fashionistas from around the globe flocked to Glasgow on Monday night for the Scottish Fashion Awards, one flame-haired beauty stood out from the crowd – Karen Gillan.
The stunning Scottish actress has made a name for herself playing the much-loved Amy Pond in Doctor Who, but after shooting her final scene and bowing out of the hit sci-fi drama, how does she really feel about retiring from the iconic role?
She told stv.tv showbiz reporter Gill Harvey: “It was so sad. It was this bittersweet thing cause I’m really excited to move onto other things, I’m actually going on to do a film in Glasgow which I’m really excited about, but yeah it was so sad cause I’m leaving my best friends in a weird way.”
Onwards and upwards and Karen will return to Glasgow in July to film quirky and romantic indie movie Not Another Happy Ending, where she will play a beautiful but eccentric novelist who suffers from writer's block since she found success.
Dressed in a bright yellow shirt dress by Twenty8Twelve, teamed with purple nails and a mulberry lipstick, Karen certainly knows how to make a statement, but she was shocked to be in the running for Scottish Fashion Icon of the Year.
She said: “It would be a huge honour to win an award like that and really unexpected. I honestly didn’t think I would be nominated for anything wearing the clothes I wear.”
It’s no wonder she was delighted when it was announced that she had taken the title.
Bursting with energy, strikingly beautiful and with a personality that leaves you desperate to party with her, we’d say Karen is certainly a worth winner.
CAUSE SHE'S IN FASHION
- Check out all the winners from the Fashion Awards here
- Roundup of all the action from the Scottish Fashion Awards 2012
- Check out all the nominees for the awards
- Gallery of snaps from the Scottish Fashion Awards
- More on the Scottish Fashion Icon gong
- stv.tv attend last year's Scottish Fashion Awards
People who read this story also read
- David Tennant is 'nervous wreck' after Doctor Who
- Scottish Fashion Awards 2012: Full list of winners
- Karen Gillan, Alexa Chung and Millie Mackintosh dazzle at Scottish Fashion Awards
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee: facts you never knew about the monarch
- Call Zayn Malik: Perrie Edwards left out in the cold after MIX up