While many dream of dating a member of One Direction, it has becoming increasingly obvious that it’s no easy task to embark on a romance Harry, Zayn, Liam, Louis or Niall.
Just ask Perrie Edwards. The Little Mix star has faced a barrage of criticism from angry jealous 1D fans since confirming she was dating Zayn Malik last month… or should that be Zayne.
The beautiful blonde singer was accused of not knowing how to spell her own boyfriend’s name when a Tweet from Little Mix's official account went out listing the group’s favourite things from A-Z.
Perrie obviously chose Zayn for Z, but the Tweet read ‘Zayne’ – this did not go down well with eagle eyed, slightly obsessive fans.
Perrie was quick to speak up about the error, Tweeting: "Just to clarify. The alphabet was typed up wrong after we wrote it on paper. I am aware of how to spell my own boyfriends name :) Perrie <3."
For some, her apology was not enough.
She then had to add: "Just to make it clear one more time, I know how to spell my own boyfriends name, no need for the hate <3." Hell hath no fury like a 1D fan scorned!
Perrie is just the latest girl linked to the group to suffer abuse from so-called fans.
Caroline Flack famously recieved online death threats when she was dating Harry Styles last year, and Liam Payne’s girlfriend, Danielle Peazer, recently had to hit back at nasty comments accusing her of only having a career as a dancer thanks to Liam’s success. Still want to get up close and personal with the boys? Maybe not…
More About One Direction
- Zayn Malik is hoping for a fan-tastic day with the help of Directioners
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards look loved-up on romantic Verona trip
- Harry Styles enjoys amazing 'sweaty' night in Oslo with Norwegian fan
- Zayn Malik dishes the dirt on what One Direction are really like
- Ed Sheeran reveals his friends One Direction have completed third album
- One Direction issue strict orange dress code for fans at Amsterdam gig
- Niall Horan battling painful injury during One Direction tour