The five nominees for this year’s coveted Scottish Fashion Awards Scottish Fashion Icon of the Year gong have been announced.
Doctor Who actress Karen Gillan, model Tali Lennox (daughter of singer Annie Lennox), Kassidy rocker Barrie James O’Neil, Lions For Lambs actress Louise Linton and Lip Service actor Iain De Caestecker are all in the running for the award, after the list was whittled down from 10 worthy stars.
The Fashion Icon award is the only category which the general public can vote for, and thousands have been doing so in recent weeks, having their say on the ultimate Scottish style figure.
Founder of the Scottish Fashion Awards Tessa Hartmann said: “I love this year's final five fashion icons.
“This isn't just about style it's about individuality, your eccentricities and personality. Society is obsessed with fashion - it's a form of consumption, a commercial phenomenon, an identity maker.
"If that identity is a second hand woolly jumper then it says as much about you as it does about someone wearing haute couture - it's pure social reality. It's irrational, fickle and volatile and that's why we're so addicted. So to have an established rocker, thespians, models and actors in there is a perfect representation of the extent of this wonderful social phenomenon.
“The question therefore is which of these identities will the public vote for - that's the interesting part!”
This year’s Scottish Fashion Awards is taking place on Monday June 11, and for the first time ever will see the doors flung open to the general public, who can purchase tickets for what is one of the glitziest nights of the showbiz calendar.
Now in its seventh year, a whole host of celebrities, designers, models and other influential figures in the fashion industry are expected to walk the red carpet at the ceremony, which is being held at Glasgow’s Clyde Auditorium.
Find out more about the awards from www.scottishfashionawards.com
- Video above: last year's Scottish Fashion Awards
- stv.tv chats to last year's Fashion Icon Freya Mavor
More About Fashion and style
- Nicole Scherzinger shows some thigh while Sharon Osbourne is back to black
- This Morning's Style Squad give mum of two Jackie glamorous girly makeover
- Fashion rate or slate: Nicole Scherzinger and Kylie Minogue's style
- Take Over the Makeover: style Donna for her wedding anniversary celebration
- Faye’s fashion finds: clothing ranges under the radar & budget style
- Blooming beautiful celebrity style pregnancy fashion with Abbey Clancy
- Faye’s Fashion: 1920s Great Gatsby looks plus distressed jeans masterclass
People who read this story also read
- Kate Middleton causes a splash in scarlet frock with tartan touch
- Pippa Middleton looked far from blue as she joined the Thames Jubilee Pageant
- Scottish singer Annie Lennox gives angelic Jubilee performance
- Kate Middleton proves she's McQueen of fashion at Diamond Jubilee
- Will RockNess 2012 weather be showers or sunshine? Sean reveals all with forecast...