One Direction could make £10 million each by starring in their own film.
The British group - comprising Harry Styles, 18, Louis Tomlinson, 20, Zayn Malik, 19, Liam Payne, 18, and Niall Horan, 18 - are ''excited'' at the possibility of their own 3D big screen outing, though it is not yet decided whether they will make a documentary, a concert movie or a comedy in which they play themselves, similar to The Monkees' hit 1960s TV show and films.
A source told The Sun newspaper: ''It's early days but it's something that their management and label are excited about.
''It may be documentary footage mixed with a concert film, or it could even be a comedy caper in the style of old Monkees films.
''All options are open, though they're unlikely to get cracking on shooting it until next year.''
Harry - who is famed for his tousled locks - is particularly excited at the thought of appearing in 3D.
He said: ''The film could be exciting. My hair would be poking in your eye.''
Insiders believe the movie could be as successful as Justin Bieber's 'Never Say Never' documentary film, which earned over $98 million at the box office following its release in February 2011.
The source added: ''US film experts are speculating that the 1D film would be similar to Justin's movie and will be a big money-spinner for the boys.''
Copyright © bangshowbiz.com 2012.
More About One Direction
- Russell Grant believes Harry Styles will embark on solo projects
- Nicholas McDonald thrilled to have One Direction star Niall Horan’s support
- Little Mix perform These Four Walls and talk about their love lives
- X Factor: Kingsland Road determined to follow in One Direction’s footsteps
- Zayn Malik praises Little Mix’s 'sick' Move ahead of X Factor performance
- One Direction continue global domination with – wait for it – 1D Day
- Oh bhoy! Louis Tomlinson set for face-to-face apology from Agbonlahor