When kicking off a new relationship, it always helps to get the approval of those nearest and dearest to your partner and luckily for Zayn Malik, it seems Perrie Edwards' mum is most impressed with his charm.
Debbie Edwards told The Sun: “They make a lovely couple. I think they’re really good for each other.”
She told how romance had blossomed after the pair met on The X Factor and despite being on opposite sides of the world just now, they are closer than ever, staying in constant touch over the phone.
The proud mum said: “Their first date was at the cinema. Zayn is still on tour, so most of the relationship is being conducted over texts, calls and emails.”
Zayn and Perrie were spotted enjoying a quick snog before the 1D heartthrob flew to America to join his bandmates on their first headline tour of North America.
After months of rumours that they were dating, Zayn finally admitted they were an item last month, telling the Daily Mirror: “We're incredible, everything's going great. We're buzzing.”
Perrie echoed the sentiment when she said: “I'm really happy. When you both do the same kind of thing, there's more understanding because you both get it... and it's more exciting when you see each other.”
For Zayn’s bandmate Louis Tomlinson, being apart from girlfriend Eleanor Calder was just too much to bear, so he flew her over to join him.
Liam Payne has also been struggling with being apart from his girlfriend, Danielle Peazer.
Last week he Tweeted: “@DaniellePeazer wish you were awake :( miss you.”
His dancer girlfriend replied: “@Real_Liam_Payne sorry, call me when u wake up. Miss u babe, not long now :) xxx.”
LOVE IS IN THE AIR
- Watch our ShowBuzz roundup featuring One Direction in the player above
- One Direction fed up with girls?
Louis Tomlinson splashes the cash
More About One Direction
- Niall Horan can’t wait to catch up with One Direction lads at BRITs
- One Direction throw support behind Text Santa
- Russell Grant believes Harry Styles will embark on solo projects
- Nicholas McDonald thrilled to have One Direction star Niall Horan’s support
- Little Mix perform These Four Walls and talk about their love lives
- X Factor: Kingsland Road determined to follow in One Direction’s footsteps
- Zayn Malik praises Little Mix’s 'sick' Move ahead of X Factor performance