It was the Queen who quite rightly stole the fashion crown when she dazzled in a white Swarovski crystal emblazoned outfit, at the Thames Jubilee Pageant on Sunday, but the Duchess of Cambridge was hot on her heels in a striking scarlet Alexander McQueen dress.
Not to be outdone, Kate’s little sister Pippa Middleton looked perfect for the occasion as she sported an adorable navy skirt and matching jacket with white trim, by Irish designer Orla Kiely.
The Middleton ladies had clearly had a little get-together before hand to discuss outfits (or they just happen to be so in tune it was a coincidence) as with Kate in red, Pippa in blue and mum Carole in cream, they were quite the dashing patriotic trio.
While Kate, or Catherine as she is officially known, joined the Queen and other members of the Royal Family, including husband Prince William, on the Royal Barge, the Spirit of Chartwell, Pippa and Carole joined the rest of the Middleton family on another boat – a magnificent recreation of a 19th-century stern-wheeled paddle steamer.
It’s testament to how much the Queen has taken Kate and her family to her heart that the Middletons were included in the Royal Squadron.
And they certainly looked delighted to be soaking up the atmosphere of the day, refusing to let the dismal weather dampen their spirits.
Pippa, in particular, appeared to be relishing the occasion as she waved to the crowds and joked with brother James, while enjoying a tasty glass of fizz.
The Diamond Jubilee celebrations continue today as Buckingham Palace gets set to host the hotly anticipated Diamond Jubilee Concert, produced by Take That star Gary Barlow.
- Watch some of the highlights from yesterday's pageant in the player above
- Kate causes a splash in scarlet frock
- Gary Barlow nervous ahead of tonight's Jubilee concert
- Jubilee weather forecast
- All the latest on the Jubilee here
Jubilee goes digital in Edinburgh
People who read this story also read
- Kate Middleton causes a splash in scarlet frock with tartan touch
- Kate Middleton and Prince William honoured by Queen’s Jubilee invitation
- Queen’s Diamond Jubilee: facts you never knew about the monarch
- Royal Jubilee: Kate Middleton's scarlet outfit was a 'safe choice'
- Emotional Kylie Minogue is golden girl of Glamour Awards